Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Homemade Dukkah Recipe with the Thermomix



I love trying to make foods I haven't made before and lately with my health coach course I have been trying lots of different foods and principles. Both my husband and I love dukkah so last night I thought it was about time to make it all from scratch.

As you can see on the pictures I served it over some lightly steamed field mushrooms and we also had some homemade sauerkraut plus some lightly seasoned steamed tempeh.


  Now if you have never had dukkah but you enjoy nutty flavours then this recipe is for you! We also like to have some bread dipped in good quality olive oil and dukkah. It is a beautiful treat!


Ingredients
  • 50g sesame seeds
  • 25g brazil nuts
  • 40g almonds
  • 10g cumin seeds
  • 15g coriander seeds
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp peppercorns
  • 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
  1. First place all the seeds and nuts into your Thermomix bowl.
  2. Dry roast for 8 minutes on 100 degrees speed 1.
  3. Open the lid and leave to cool.
  4. Add in all the spices and turbo 2-4 times.
  5. Store in the fridge.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Print/PDF Button