I love recipes that give you options or where you can easily substitute ingredients based on what you have in your pantry. And when you consider how sugar packed the muesli bars in the shops are; your health is definitely worth it making your own muesli bars.
With this recipe I often just put in whatever nuts and seeds I have in the pantry and therefore the muesli bar will always slightly change. So don't be afraid to play around with this recipe and use up some of your supplies that you have sitting around in your cupboard.
- 100g quinoa
- 20g cashew nuts
- 70g almonds
- 60g dates
- 140g honey
- 40g rapadura sugar
- 75g coconut oil
- 100g spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 20g sunflower seeds
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees.
- Next mill the quinoa on speed 10 for 1 minute.
- Add the cashew nuts and process for 20 seconds on speed 10.
- Add the almonds and Turbo three to four times.
- Add the dates and chop for 10 seconds on speed 6.
- Add the honey andcoconut oil and warm up on 70 degrees for 3 minutes on speed 1.
- Add the suga, spelt flour, cinnamon and seeds and process for 10 seconds on speed 4.
- Press the mixture into a lined tin and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Cut into pieces and then the most important part: Enjoy!