Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Baked Danish Apple Cheesecake


Last weekend it was a friend's birthday and because I am famous for my baking he wished for a cheesecake. I am not even sure whether I ever tried to make a cheesecake before but last weekend I gave it a go. We enjoyed this amazing Baked Danish Apple Cheesecake so I thought I share this recipe with you for those occasions where you might indulge a little.

Waiting for it to come out of the oven was not easy with the sweet smell of apples, almonds and irresistible cinnamon spreading throughout the house! I have a weakness for cinnamon and I honestly believe it is not just a spice for Christmas but I love it in food throughout the whole year. It gives food especially desserts a sweeter taste plus it is said to stabilize sugar levels. Don't you love those added benefits?

Trust me you will be amazed at how easy it is to make this cheesecake!


Ingredients for the pastry
  • 60g almonds
  • 120g flour
  • 50g sugar
  • 115g butter
  • 1 teaspoon almond essence
  1.  First grind the almonds for 10 seconds on speed 10.
  2. Next add all other ingredients for the pastry and knead for 30 seconds by turning your Thermomix on the closed lid position and the dough function/interval speed.
  3. Spread in a 20cm spring form and put in the fridge for 30 minutes to set.


Ingredients for the Topping
  •  2 apples
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tbsp flour
  • 30g sliced almonds
  • 75g brown sugar (your choice of raw or rapadura sugar)
  1. Peel the apples and remove the core. Slice the apples and toss in a bowl with all the other ingredients.



Ingredients for the Filling
  • 1 packet Philadelphia cheese
  • 1 egg
  • 50g sugar
  • 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
  • 1 tsp almond essence
  1. Process all the ingredients for the filling on speed 3 for 15 seconds and spread into the spring form.
  2. Layer the apples on top.
  3. Bake at 180 degrees for approximately 40-50 minutes depending on your oven.









    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Print/PDF Button