We rarely eat pasta, mainly because of all the rubbish that is sold at the shops. I prefer to make my own to make it a special dish and it tastes much much better!
Have I mentioned you are also in control of the ingredients if you make your own? I love spelt flour and to make it a little different I added some turmeric to give it a yellow colour. Did you know turmeric is also anti-inflammatory?
I am planning to enjoy my special pasta with some fresh homemade tomato sauce and herbs from my garden; some chives and basil!
I try to grow as much as possible in my garden, even though it is a cottage sized block (tiny in other words), but I recently enjoyed my first homegrown beetroot which tasted so good in my daily juice. Soon I will also be enjoying some homegrown lettuce and hopefully silver beet....
- 2 cups white spelt flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tspn turmeric
- between 3-6 tbsp water (the dough should come together easily. Therefore start with 3 tablespoons and see how you go. You can always add more)
- Add all the above ingredients into the Thermomix bowl.
- Set the timer to 2 minutes, closed lid position, interval speed.
- Cover your dough and leave to rest in the fridge for about 1 hour.
- Process through your pasta machine and cook as you normally would cook pasta.
- Serve with your favourite sauce or side dishes!
What special pasta do you enjoy making?