Sunday, May 12, 2013

Yellow Spelt Flour Pasta


We rarely eat pasta, mainly because of all the rubbish that is sold at the shops. I prefer to make my own to make it a special dish and it tastes much much better!

Have I mentioned you are also in control of the ingredients if you make your own? I love spelt flour and to make it a little different I added some turmeric to give it a yellow colour. Did you know turmeric is also anti-inflammatory?

I am planning to enjoy my special pasta with some fresh homemade tomato sauce and herbs from my garden; some chives and basil! 

I try to grow as much as possible in my garden, even though it is a cottage sized block (tiny in other words), but I recently enjoyed my first homegrown beetroot which tasted so good in my daily juice. Soon I will also be enjoying some homegrown lettuce and hopefully silver beet....

Ingredients
  • 2 cups white spelt flour
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tspn turmeric
  • between 3-6 tbsp water (the dough should come together easily. Therefore start with 3 tablespoons and see how you go. You can always add more)
  1. Add all the above ingredients into the Thermomix bowl.
  2. Set the timer to 2 minutes, closed lid position, interval speed.
  3. Cover your dough and leave to rest in the fridge for about 1 hour.
  4. Process through your pasta machine and cook as you normally would cook pasta.
  5. Serve with your favourite sauce or side dishes!


What special pasta do you enjoy making?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Print/PDF Button