Lately because we have been having quite hot weather here in Perth, about 42 degrees yesterday, I have been feeling like something lighter. Salads and lots of fresh fruit as well as vegetables are ruling my world literally at this point.
Especially yesterday afternoon our aircon broke again, the third time in the last half year. We used to live in a unit where we had no airconditioning and thinking back I am not quite sure how we did it. It is funny sometimes when you realise the things you take as just normal.
I found this recipe the other day for a tofu salad dressing and decided to change it around a little since it had too much oil in it for my liking. I drizzled the salad over some washed and freshly chopped kale. The finishing touch were Quirky Cooking's awesome spelt flour breadrolls (click here to get the recipe for her delicious bread rolls).
Ingredients to make the tofu salad dressing:
- 3 cloves garlic
- 160g tofu
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 100g olive oil
- First chop the garlic for 5 seconds on speed 7.
- Add all other ingredients, but not the olive oil, and blend on speed 4 for 3 seconds.
- Insert the butterfly and switch on speed 4.
- Slowly add the olive oil through the opening in the lid but take you time to add the olive oil over a time period of about 3 minutes.