In the past few days we have had temperatures around 40 degrees every day so today it was finally ice cream time. Time to literally chill! I wanted something with mango but healthy at the same time so I created this chia mango ice cream. Totally creamy with a hint of mango in it and all the health benefits that chia seeds can bring.
With a Thermomix this is very easy to make but I would imagine it also works with a Vitamix or a very good blender. The chia seeds helped the ice cream keep its shape really well and I can guarantee you I will be playing around in the kitchen with different fruits in this recipe in the future!
Here are the ingredients:
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- 2 mangoes
- 1 mug full of water
- 2 tablespoons of raw honey
- First grind the chia seeds and the goji berries on speed 10 for up to one minute.
- Next add all the other ingredients and process on speed 6 for 30 seconds.
- Pour into ice cube containers and freeze.
- Once frozen you can process the cubes on speed 10 for about 30 seconds. During this stage I added another 1-2 measure cups of water to help it process into a smooth delicious mango ice heaven!
Have you made ice cream using chia seeds before? How did you make yours?
I hope you enjoy trying out this recipe and have fun!