Sunday, December 30, 2012

Chia Mango Ice Cream



In the past few days we have had temperatures around 40 degrees every day so today it was finally ice cream time. Time to literally chill! I wanted something with mango but healthy at the same time so I created this chia mango ice cream. Totally creamy with a hint of mango in it and all the health benefits that chia seeds can bring.

With a Thermomix this is very easy to make but I would imagine it also works with a Vitamix or a very good blender. The chia seeds helped the ice cream keep its shape really well and I can guarantee you I will be playing around in the kitchen with different fruits in this recipe in the future!

Here are the ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup chia seeds
  • 1/4 cup goji berries
  • 2 mangoes
  • 1 mug full of water
  • 2 tablespoons of raw honey
  1. First grind the chia seeds and the goji berries on speed 10 for up to one minute.
  2. Next add all the other ingredients and process on speed 6 for 30 seconds.
  3. Pour into ice cube containers and freeze.
  4. Once frozen you can process the cubes on speed 10 for about 30 seconds. During this stage I added another 1-2 measure cups of water to help it process into a smooth delicious mango ice heaven!
 My husband and I actually had this for lunch after we got home from church and it was just perfect!

Have you made ice cream using chia seeds before? How did you make yours?

I hope you enjoy trying out this recipe and have fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print/PDF Button