I was inspired the other day when I read that Better Raw as part of coming to the end of another year positively reflects on the achievements made throughout the year. This focuses on a more positive approach rather than thinking about what I didn't achieve.
Reflection on 2012:
- Manuel and I raised $13,000 for the Heart Foundation (Read our Community Paper Article)
- We trained for our second marathon and loved the feeling of finding out how much stronger our bodies were this time around.
- We travelled to the US for the first time and we met Hurricane Sandy.
- We held our first ever charity auction with the help of so many amazing businesses around Perth (Here are some of the most amazing businesses in Perth)
- I created healthier morning teas at work focused on exploring different countries around the world at each of my morning teas (this was part of our fundraising for the Heart Foundation).
- We were offered a spot (and accepted) in the 2013 New York Marathon since we had missed out.
- I got accepted into Jason Vale's Juice Therapy Distance course that I am currently completing!
- I enrolled in 2013's Juice Academy (also by Jason Vale).
- We travelled to Phuket and explored this little piece of paradise!
- I learned so much about myself and the path I am heading in (becoming a juice therapist) thanks to my wonderful coach David Edwards.
- I took on a new role in Marketing in the Mining Company that I work for; the new growth opportunity I had been looking for.
- I kept learning about so many healthier ways of eating and living through friends, books I read and research I did online. For example I started baking with coconut flour!
- I organised a ton of events for the fundraising that I had never done before in my whole life such as car washes, face painting, raffles and many more. The amount I have learned through this whole journey is just priceless.
- I got a Kombucha Scoby in December!
- I completed 2 juice detoxes where in previous years I had never ever done one. Loved every minute of it and the energy I got was just out of this world!
- I started growing my own sprouts!
- Manuel and I went on the first ever trip with my parents!
What are your achievements for 2012?
Wishing you all an amazing New 2013!