This is my second week of tapering before the big New York Marathon. Last Sunday we did a 2 hour and 15 minute run along the beach. To be honest it was a bit challenging because it was quite warm even at 6am in the morning when we started plus we had caught up with some wonderful friends the night before.
However we made it out of bed, enjoyed a quick juice (apple, celery and beetroot) and off we went. It got warm quite fast during the run but we finished it. When I get home I was quite tired which could be due to all the training in the past weeks so I decided to have a bit of a sleep to recover.
In the afternoon I was then quite hungry and made myself a chocolate custard using chia seeds and sesame seeds with coconut milk and some raw honey. Delicious and so satisfying!
Here is what you will need to make a healthier custard:
- 5 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 500g of coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 eggs
- raw honey to sweeten
- First blend the chia and sesame seeds on speed 10 for about 20 seconds.
- Next add all other ingedients apart from the honey and cook on speed 4 on 90 degrees for 7 minutes.
- Serve with some honey drizzled over the top!