We didn't have much time to get any food ready for lunch in the morning so I just opted for something quick and delicious. Of course another one of my favourites; dahl made in my Thermomix.
I am currently including more recipes that use tumeric due to it's health benefits; one of them being it's anti inflammatory properties which is great with all the training we are doing.
This dish is great for when you feel like something warm, healthy and filling as well. Some people like to serve it with rice but we love it just on its own.
What you will need:
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 30g olive oil
- 2 teaspoons tumeric
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds (both yellow and black taste great)
- 800g water
- 2 teaspoons of Himalayan sea salt
- 230g lentils (I use the red ones)
- First chop the garlic and onion on speed 6 for 10 seconds.
- Next add the oil and cook for 2 minutes on speed 1 on 100 degrees.
- Next add tumeric as well as the mustard seeds and cook for one minute on speed 1 on 100 degrees.
- Finally add the water, salt and the lentils and cook for 20 minutes on reverse speed 1 on 100 degrees.
Lots of love!