Sunday, August 5, 2012

Coconut Apple and Banana Muffins

This morning I had my breakfast juice which consisted of carrots, lemon and spinach. It was delicious and gave me quite a boost in energy for this morning's two hour training session. Today's training session consisted of a mix of fast walking and one hour of running (MEP heart rate zone which for me is 155-165) split up with fast walking in between. Loved the session and still had surprisingly a fair bit of energy left afterward.

However I was very hungry after my training so I decided to try out a new recipe for coconut apple and banana muffins. This recipe uses coconut flour which is known for its health benefits. One of the amazing benefits I found out yesterday is that it is apparently the richest in fiber of all flours; 40% of it is fiber. How great is that!


Another great benefit is that the recipe does not add any sugar which is great since I am having two weeks without sugar and dairy.

This is what you will need to make these delicious goodies:
  • 1/2 cup coconut flour
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 apple finely chopped
  • 1 banana mashed
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  1. Mix all ingredients by hand and fill the muffin cases about 3/4.
  2. Bake at 175 degrees for about 25 minutes.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print/PDF Button