Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Guacamole and Veggie Sticks

Last weekend I went to see a naturpath in Marmion, Gonzales, also because I wanted to get my health back on track after having been sick and having taken antibiotics. He recommended some real awesome goodies to me that I now take three times a day, such as Olive leaf extract and Elderberry (By Nature brand) and others, and I can already start to notice the difference. I am starting to feel more energetic and just overall well again. Part of this also includes not eating dairy products and no sugar for two weeks because that support the healing process of the body.

So the past few days I have been having veggie based snacks or nuts. Today I had a guacamole dip I made in my Thermomix that I teamed up with some veggie sticks and took them along to work as a snack.



Here are the ingredients for the guacamole:

  • juice and zest of 1/2 lime
  • 2 avocados
  • 1 tomato
  • half fresh chilli (or depending on your taste, make sure you go for less if you don't enjoy spicy foods or leave out)
  • 1 clove garlic
  • Himalayan sea salt and pepper to taste

  1. Place peel into the Thermomix bowl and chop on speed 7 for 5 seconds.
  2. Next add the avocado pulp with the lime juice and all other ingredients and combine on speed 5 for 10 seconds. Depending on your preference you can scrape down the sides and process further to get a smoother texture.
Tip  If you place the stone of one of the avocados into the middle of the dip it will keep it's colour for longer.



Manuel was very happy to finish off the remainder when I got home from work! It is just such an easy and healthy snack to make in your Thermomix.

What are your favourite veggie based snack recipes?

Have an awesome week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print/PDF Button