Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Rice Cracker Recipe!


Have you ever made your own rice crackers? I love making these as a snack throughout the day or even while I am studying for my Juice Therapy course. One of the best things is they are really easy to make and you know what is in them.






Here is what you will need to make your own rice crackers:

  • 110g brown rice
  • 300g brown rice
  • 1 tablespoon linseed
  • 1 teaspoon sea salt
  • 50g olive oil 
  • 70g water
  1. To cook the first lot of brown rice, add 1250g of water, 1/2 tsp salt into the bowl. Next insert the steaming basket and add the 100g of rice. Cook for 40 minutes on 100 degrees speed 1. Once cooked leave to cool and tip out the hot water. Dry bowl very well.
  2. Place the 300g of brown rice (raw) into the Thermomix and mill on speed 10 for 1 minute.
  3. Add all other ingredients and blend for 20 seconds on speed 7.
  4. Roll the dough between two baking sheets and score with a pizza cutter.
  5. Bake on 180 degrees for 30 minutes.

 
 These are perfectly combined with a healthy veggie based dip or any of your favourite dips. I also love having avocado on mine but it really comes down to your imagination and your taste.

Until next time!




7 comments:

  1. Your ingredients list says 110g of brown rice and then another 300g of brown rice. Should the first lot be cooked but the second lot left raw? Then both lots added to the mix?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hannah. Thanks so much for picking up on that. That is correct first cook the 100g and left the other 300g uncooked. Then add both lots to the mix. I will insert a note :) Thanks again!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for that Nicki, makes sense!

      Delete
    3. I just made a batch, not exactly same recipe, I used Miraclematcha Health Mix-in instead of plain linseed.
      This is the 4th recipe I've tried and is by far the best! Proper cracker like!
      I don't have a Thermomix, so milled the raw rice in my blender, twice, then mixed it all and put through my auger juicer to mince it together!
      Yummy yum! Thanks x

      Delete
    4. Thank you Hannah :) What exactly is Miraclematcha Health Mix-in? I am glad you enjoyed the crackers!

      Delete
    5. Hi Nicki, Miraclematcha is the company name, they sell all sorts. Their Health mix in contains milled flax seed, Chao seed, goji berries, white match a and stevia, all great anti oxidants and full of good things! I add it to veg smoothies and salads and now your rice cracker recipe, I can't stop eating them!

      Delete

Print/PDF Button