This week we have been eating simpler which means we didn't stuff our fridge as we used to but only bought about half the things we normally would and teamed it up with healthy things in our pantry and freezer. Also I made an effort to eat when I am hungry rather than eat out of boredom. I tend to do this and then I find myself with even less energy. Once you adopt an easy principle like that, to eat when you are genuinely hungry, you might notice your energy levels going up which is what happened to me.
For dinner tonight we had a very easy and fast to make baked beans. Nothing beats homemade especially from a taste perspective and you just know what is in it.
Here are the few ingredients you need to make baked beans in your Thermomix:
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 15g olive oil
- one can of beans (or of course you can soak and precook your beans)
- 900g tomatoes (cut in quarters)
- 2 tablespoons rapadura sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable stock (made in the Thermomix)
- cayenne pepper to taste
- Chop onion and garlic on speed 7 for 10 seconds.
- Next add the oil and cook on 100 degrees speed 1 for 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and chop for 20 seconds on speed 5.
- Add the beans, sugar, stock and pepper and cook for 20 minutes on Varoma on reverse speed spoon.
Lots of love!