Sunday, May 27, 2012

Sunflower and Almond Milk

Last weekend I made this milk to use it in a smoothie recipe and it turned out amazing; so creamy that I just had to share it with you.

I made it using my thermomix plus the great thing is that it is dairy free!


What you will need:
  • 50g almonds
  • 50g sunflower seeds
  • 1 litre water
  • 1 tablespoon coconut oil
  • pinch of salt
  • sweetener of your choice (I used none but you could use 20g of honey as an example)
  1. First grind up the almonds and sunflower seeds on speed 9 for 15-20 seconds.
  2. Add all other ingredients and cook for 4 minutes on speed 4, 60 degrees.
  3. Process on speed 8 for 30 seconds.
  4. Strain through a nut milk bag.





I used this sunflower and almond milk for a smoothie for which I will be sharing the recipe with you next time. The great thing about the smoothie recipe was that it gives you choices and therefore you can easily add whatever you have at the time.

For this coming week at work I have been planning a Middle Eastern morning tea to raise more funds for the Heart Foundation. For example I will be making carrot falafels with a yoghurt and tahini dipping sauce. We will also he having healthier versions of gozleme, baklava, date and nut pastries and lots of other good food. I love doing my Heart Foundation morning teas because they give me another chance to try out different recipes and show others that it is possible to make easy and healthy food at home and everyone at work gets to explore different tastes of the world.

Later on this afternoon my hubby and I am heading out for our long weekend run which will be around the 2.5-3 hours. I am already looking forward to it which might sound crazy to some. However I love my training sessions because I get to find out how much stronger my body has become and through each session I can a chance to become better at what I do.

Have a great Sunday afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print/PDF Button