Friday, May 18, 2012

Chinese-Style Fish and Steamed Vegetables

This week I allowed myself some me-time as a reward for the auction last week. It felt good and right what I needed. I believe that time to recharge is an important part of life and over time can make all the difference in your overall performance.


Tonight I tried out a new recipe in my Thermomix for dinner. First of all I steamed some vegetables; potatoes and zucchini) and then I made a chinese-style fish using the Varoma.

Ingredients for the Chinese-Style Fish (for two servings)
  • 2 pieces of fish of your choice
  • 800g water
  • 3-5 slices shredded ginger
  • 1 onion
  • 20g olive oil
  • 30g soy sauce
  1. First line the Varoma with some baking paper and place the fish inside. 
  2. Season the fish with some pepper and set aside the Varoma dish.
  3. Next fill the water into the Thermomix and bring to the boil for 7 minutes, Varoma, speed 1.
  4. Next place the Varoma into position and place the shredded ginger and onion on top of the fish. Place the Varoma lid in position and steam for 9 minutes, Varoma, speed 3.
  5. Transfer the juice from the fish that has collected on top of the baking paper in a bowl.
  6. To make the sauce place olive oil, soy sauce and 100g approximately of the fish juice in the Thermomix and cook for 1 minute, 100degrees, speed 1.
  7.  Pour sauce of the fish and steamed vegetables and most importantly enjoy!





This is perfect for whenever you feel like Asian style food with that soy sauce flavour! BUT it is most probably much much healthier and better for you than what you will get at the take-away stores.

Have an awesome day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Print/PDF Button