Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Sports Gel Recipe


Today I am going to share on of my favourite recipes with you for home made sports gel. I don't know about you but I don't like the thought of polluting my body with one of the commercial sports gels which are pumped with with high amounts of processed sugars. I prefer to give my body quality fuel where I know exactly what is in it and the quality of the ingredients. I have used this recipe for my running training and it works perfectly for me to give me a real and longer lasting energy boost. Plus if you are like me you will find it tastes even great as an afternoon pick me up instead of having a coffee like so many people do. In contrast this gel will give you longer lasting energy without the highs followed by the fast approaching lows.


Ingredients
  • 5 dates (soaked in water)
  • 1/2 banana
  • 2 tablespoons coconut oil
  • 2 teaspoons lemon zest
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
  • pinch of salt
All you have to do is to process the above ingredients in your food processor or Thermomix until the gel has a smooth consistency. This might require 2 steps where you stop the kitchen machine to scrap down the sides and process again. I personally like my gel a little chunkier as you can see in the end result. This sports gel is really tasty where the banana, dates and lemon add their unique flavours in combination with the energy boosting coconut oil.


Have you made your own sports gels? What are your favourite sports gel recipes?

Lots of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print/PDF Button