Thursday, April 12, 2012

Potato Cakes and Apple Sauce





Today was a big day for my training. I increased my normally 35-40 minute lunch run to a 1 hour run! Plus when I got home I still completed my 30 minutes of weights. I was breathless, without much more strength and hungry. After today's training sessions I felt like a heavier dinner so I decided to make some potato cakes with apple sauce. I believe there is nothing better than home made food and you definitely can taste the difference! Surely it also makes a difference from a health perspective.




To make the apple sauce you need the following ingredients

  • 4 large apples
  • 80g Water
  1. First cut the apples and core them. 
  2. Chop them in the Thermomix for 30 seconds on speed 4.
  3. Ensure to scrape down the sides with a spatula and then cook the sauce for 8 minutes on 90 degrees on speed 4.
  4. Finally blend for 30 seconds on speed 8.
 


To make the potato cakes you need the following ingredients:
  • 1kg peeled red potatoes
  • 1 onion (peeled and chopped in quarters)
  • 100g flour
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • pepper to taste
  1.  Place all of the above ingredients into the Thermomix bowl to mix for 30 seconds on speed 6.
  2. Heat a pan and place heaped tablespoons of the batter into the pan to fry until golden brown on both sides.


What are your favourite dishes after tough training sessions?

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print/PDF Button