Thursday, April 5, 2012

Raw Mango Crumble Breakfast

I originally got inspired to do this as a breakfast by one of Ani Phyo's recipes but because I didn't have all of the recipes I adjusted it to make it my own. It is everything I could hope for in a breakfast; combining my love for mangos with raw food and finally making it filling enough for any of my training ahead.



To make one serving I used the following for the crumble:
  • 1/4 cup almonds soaked in water overnight
  • 1.4 cup dates
  • 1/2 teaspoon raw cacao
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  • pinch of Himalayan sea salt
  • 1 teaspoon coconut oil
I pulsed the above ingredients 3-4 times in my Thermomix however you can also process it in a normal food processor until the mixture forms a crumble like consistency.



For the mango sauce:
  • 1 mango
 Process this until it turns into a thick sauce and serve it over the crumble. This simply tastes amazing! Plus it is so good for you and fuels you for a busy day ahead. I combined this breakfast with a green juice to give it that extra kick of nutrition.


What are your favourite raw food breakfast recipes?

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print/PDF Button