Friday, April 6, 2012

Natural Hair Colour

Today I spent some quality time with my parents especially with mum. I had been wanting to try out Marina's Ambrosia 100% natural and permanent henna hair colours. About a month ago I ordered my first chosen colour to try out; a golden brown. Henna is not just great as a natural colour for hair but is also an amazing treatment for the hair. I had tried it years ago with a more redish colour but from what we could remember it was a very very messy experience.



However due to my commitment of using natural products on my body almost 100% of the time I was keen to try this one out. Two packets came to about $40 and I had read a tip about using this particular hair colour in order to even cover grey hairs I soaked it over night in lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon sugar. It looked a little like a dirty green brownish colour, I suppose a bit like poo :)

The next day at mum's place I mixed it with hot water to make a smooth paste. I think the key is to get it not too runny but easy to apply so that it won't crumb and make a real mess. As mum applied it she sounded surprised how good it went on. I mean really it is very different from normal colour because it is like mud on your hair that you leave on for about 3 hours that drys into like a dry helmet.

Washing it off takes probably the longest, we started in the sink in the laundry and the last bits I had to rinse off in the shower. During this process I did not use any shampoo. My hair feels really nice and has a golden redish shine but according to the package it will take approximately 48 hours to fully develop. I am looking forward to see the final result on Sunday. Overall we were impressed with the product. In case you want to read up more about the actual hair colour I used it is probably best to head to Marina's Ambrosia Website

What are your tips on using henna hair colours? What is your favourite henna hair colour?

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print/PDF Button