Saturday, April 7, 2012

Coconut Pumpkin Soup for Dinner!

Good Friday wasn't necessarily the healthiest from a nutrition point of view. We went to church with grandpa to Alexander Heights and they always do a special service outdoors at this time of the year with hot cross buns! It was delicious though and I think it is not worth it beating yourself up but sometimes to let yourself enjoy.

In the afternoon we were at my parents for a coffee and chocolate cupcakes. By now I am sure you understand why I said it wasn't the healthiest. But for dinner we were back on track and I had a veggies soup in mind. With a look in the fridge the pumpkin smiled at me and the rest is history :)


I made a coconut pumpkin soup in my Thermomix. To get that coconut taste I just replaced the butter with coconut oil. Coconut oil is said to be one of the healthiest anyway where apparently you can heat it up to high temperatures without it being affected in a negative way.

 A jar of my homemade yoghurt


Instead of using cream or something along of those lines, as the final touch of the recipe I placed a big spoon of homemade yoghurt on top with some Amaranth Sprouts that I have grown over the past week.



Ingredients:
  • 1 onion
  • 1 tablespoon coconut oil
  • 500g pumpkin (peeled and cut up in pieces)
  • 1 carrot
  • 500g stock
  1. First chop up the onion in the Thermomix for 5 seconds on speed 7.
  2. Scrape down the sides and add the coconut oil to saute for 3 minutes on 100degrees on speed 1.
  3. Next add the cut up pumpkin and carrot and chop for 15 seconds on speed 7.
  4. Add the stock and cook for 20 minutes on 100degrees on speed 1.
  5.  Finally blend for 20 seconds slowly going from speed 1 to speed 8.


This soup turned out perfect especially because the weather is now getting colder again after a hot summer here in Perth.



What are your favourite veggie soup recipes?

Wishing you all a very Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print/PDF Button