Saturday, March 31, 2012

Chia Mango Pudding

Last night after my strength training workout I felt like mango for dinner and it occurred to me to combine chia seeds and mango. What a combination it turned out to be! So simple just three ingredients really, but sometimes the simple things can simply taste the best in my opinion.


To be honest I am not a big fan of eating chia seeds on their own because it doesn't have much of a flavour. But on the other hand the health benefits with all the essential fats and protein are just too good to be ignored. This combination turned out perfect.

To prepare this soak about 1/4 cup chia seeds in 1 cup of water for about 30 minutes. For best results I find stirring it occasionally helps to create a nice pudding.

If you have a Thermomix peel the mango and cut up into pieces and process for about 30 seconds turning from speed 1 up to speed 8 or 9. However you can also do this in a food processor or blender to create the mango sauce. Just blend it all up and voila!


You can stirr the mango sauce and the chia seeds as shown in the picture just above or you can just serve the mango as a sauce on top of the chia pudding. It really comes down to your preference. I stirred the two and enjoyed my chia mango pudding for dinner.

What are your favourite chia seed recipes?

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print/PDF Button