Saturday, September 13, 2014

The importance of friendships and relationships



I just came back home from a friend's place who I had coffee with. While we were chatting and catching up on what had been going on in our lives she got a phone call. She found out her cousin had just hung himself.

It got me thinking when I got home. She mentioned she had been thinking of calling him but didn't get around to it. As a sales rep she had been flat out trying to make ends meet and provide for her family.

I think most of all get caught up in this trap. Our lives get so busy. Our to do lists are never ending. There is always another goal or target to achieve.  I know I fall into this category.

Lately I have watched a few documentaries on community living on how people help each other to create a better life. Where people only take what they really need and share the remainder. Even about the woman in Germany that lives without money. What is really important in your life? How do you want to live your life?

Maybe perhaps this concept of community living is a way forward where we can all work together to create better lives and lift each other up. I read this beautiful share on Facebook the other day. If we had to grow all our own food we wouldn't waste it. If we had to make our own furniture we wouldn't just exchange it because our colour scheme had changed. We live in a world of abundance yet we act as if we lived in a world of lack.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Print/PDF Button