Monday, May 5, 2014

Cranberry Granola Recipe with Homemade Coconut Milk






I have the reputation that I love to try new foods and recipes all the time. I get bored easily and to me there is nothing more fun than experimenting to include a wide variety of foods. Today granola was on my to try list. I had made granola before but only raw buckwheat granola. So today I wanted the warm sweet cinnamon smells resulting from the oven. Sour hits of cranberry to go along with the golden roasted oats and nuts.  I topped my fresh granola with my homemade coconut milk. It was like a match made in heaven.

The beauty of granola is that it doesn't cost the earth and if you make your own you know what is in it. The result is way tastier and healthier than what you will be able to get at the shops.


Ingredients:

  • 1 cup nuts
  • 1 cup seeds
  • 3 cups oats
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 1/4 tsp sea salt
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 cup dried cranberries
  • 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
  • 1/2 cup honey
 
  1. Combine all the ingredients in a big bowl and mix by hand until well combined. 
  2. Bake for 1 hour in a 150 C oven or 120 C fan forced until golden.
  3. Make sure to stir the granola every 15 minutes to prevent it from burning.




If you like this recipe, please share it with your friends and family!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Print/PDF Button