Monday, April 28, 2014

Raw Healthy Chocolate Recipe

Sultana and Apricot Kernel Raw Chocolate

Those of you that follow me on Facebook and Instagram would know that I am on a bit of a raw chocolate adventure at the moment. I am creating new ideas in my head all of the time. For me it is a bit like chocolate therapy. It makes my husband and me feel very good. I also love indulging in my raw chocolate more often because I know that all the ingredients are of the best quality and will nourish my body.

 Nectarine Raw Chocolate

I am also a firm believer of finding healthier ways to enjoy your favourite foods. Once you go on this journey of exploration, to find healthier ways to make your favourite foods, you might be amazed at the possibilities out there. It might also turn into a fun activity.

 Date and Pistachio Bliss Balls Hugged by Raw Chocolate


Now let's get into the raw chocolate! Here are the ingredients:
  • 80g cacao butter (chopped in smaller pieces)
  • 55g cacao powder
  • 3 tbsp liquid sweetener (maple syrup or agave syrup)
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
  1.  Gently heat the cacao butter in a double boiler or bain-marie.
  2. Once melted take off the stove.
  3. Add liquid sweetener and stir.
  4. Add cacao powder and vanilla powder.
  5. Whisk until smooth.

Feel free to experiment with this chocolate recipe and add your favourite flavours. There are no limits only your imagination. I love dreaming up new chocolate creations all the time.

Last weekend when we had our own movie night at home, I made some popcorn and coated it with my raw chocolate. My taste buds had a great time! I hope this recipe helps you make healthier choices for your life!


Homemade Popcorn coated in Raw Chocolate




No comments:

Post a Comment

Print/PDF Button