Monday, January 27, 2014

Experimenting with Macrobiotics


About two weeks ago I started my course with the Institute of Integrative Nutrition to become a health coach and I have learned so much already. I am looking forward to every week's material. In one of my first lectures Alicia Silverstone talked about macrobiotics and it sounded quite interesting to me. So in the past week I have been experimenting. The picture above is from last night's dinner which was red rice with a tomato and black bean sauce with blanched Asian greens. We also sprinkled a little nutritional yeast over it which worked really well. After only a few meals similar to this one I felt quite balanced.





I have also been enjoying lots of green tea lately, especially the Green Rose from T2. So smooth and energising plus an easy way to boost your antioxidant intake!





For Australia Day yesterday I made some healthy lamingtons which used Cannellini beans in the batter. I got the original idea from Lorna Jane's website from her Australia Day recipes http://www.movenourishbelieve.com/recipes/3-drool-worthy-australia-day-recipes/
They turned out amazing and my family helped to finish them off in no time!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Print/PDF Button