Monday, September 16, 2013

Raw Sprouted Buckwheat Granola


Lately I have become a little bored of smoothies for breakfast so I tried something a little different over the weekend: I made raw sprouted buckwheat granola! The flavours were just amazing with the cinnamon, vanilla paste and also the maple syrup that I added. I topped the granola with two tablespoons of chia seeds, freshly cut sweet fruit and homemade almond milk. I felt very satisfied and it lasted me well until lunch time.

You can probably guess it I have already started sprouting more buckwheat groats but this time I want to experiment with some different flavours. At the weigh n pay shop I picked up some freeze dried passionfruit powder, dried blueberries, goji berries and some apricots. Definitely a delicious week ahead!

You can probably guess it, this granola is way better for you than most of the store bought cereals and once you get into the sprouting you might realise that it is actually quite easy. This raw buckwheat granola is packed with B Vitamins, minerals and even proteins.

Below is Kimberly Snyder's recipe that I used to make this delicious and nutritious granola. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did and spices up your breakfast too!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Print/PDF Button