Thursday, May 23, 2013

Spinach Green Smoothie






Here in Perth it is quite cold in the morning now and I have been finding it a little harder than usual to drink green smoothies because I think my body just wants to warm up. However I have figured out that if I have the heater going and the house is quite nice and warm, I enjoy and love to have my green smoothies in the morning.

One of my beautiful friends has requested that I post some more green smoothie recipes so I decided to post this spinach green smoothie recipe. It tastes a little more green than others but you still get the flavour of the apple, the pear and a hint of lemon coming through. I really enjoy this green smoothie and it is one for those days where you might not want something overly sweet.

Ingredients

  • 200g of washed spinach
  • 1-2 celery sticks roughly chopped (I recommend starting off with only one so that you can see how you enjoy the celery and you can always increase the next time to two sticks)
  • slice of lemon, peeled
  • 300g of water
  • 1 pear, roughly chopped
  • 1 apple, roughly chopped
Add all the ingredients into your Thermomix bowl or your blender and blend on speed 10 for 1 minute.

I hope you enjoy this recipe! Please let me know if you would like more of any particular recipes or if there is a recipe that I can help you convert!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Print/PDF Button