I still remember when as a kid we used to go to the french bakeries to buy fresh bread; it was one of the most amazing experiences, the smell and the taste of fresh bread is just a wonderful experience. Somehow by the time my brother and me used to walk home to our holiday house from the bakery one of the loafs of bread always disappeared....
So today I made a wholemeal and seed loaf that I teamed up with a pea and bacon soup for dinner. It turned out delicious!
You will need the following:
- 50g each of wheat, buckwheat and quinoa (freshly milled on speed 10 for one minute or use already milled if you do not have a Thermomix)
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 300g water
- 20g rapadura sugar
- 250g flour
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- 2 tablespoons each of chia seeds and pepita seeds to sprinkle on top
- First heat up yeast, water and sugar on 37 degrees for 2 minutes on speed 1.
- Next add the milled grains, flour and salt and mix on speed 6 for 6 seconds.
- Knead for about 5 minutes.
- Put dough into a bowl and leave to rise in a warm place until doubled or if you have a dehydrator place a towel over the bowl and leave on 115 Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
- Once the dough has risen place in a springform, brush with water and sprinkle the seeds on top.
- Bake on 220 degrees for about 30-40 minutes.