Friday, September 21, 2012

Homemade Coconut Milk Thermomix Recipe

I am absolutely in love with everything coconut at the moment. I use heaps of coconut oil, milk and I even bought some coconut sugar the other day. Especially with all the health benefits that come from using coconut products I have been using them more.

However I have been wondering for a while how you can make your coconut milk in the Thermomix without having access to fresh coconuts because these tend to be available for only parts of the year.


After some research online I found a way to make my own coconut milk using only two ingredients; dried coconut and water.

You will need:
  • 200g dried coconut
  • 1200g of water
  1. First put all ingredients into your Thermomix and process for 8 minutes on 100 degrees speed 4.
  2. Next blend for 30 seconds on approximately speed 8 and strain through a nutmilk bag.
I was surprised how easy it was to make this coconut milk so that I could use in my lentil and vegetable curry for tonight's dinner.

What are your favourite coconut recipes?

Lots of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print/PDF Button