Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Homemade Cough Medicine






In my battle against the cough I am currently facing I searched online to find out how easy or complicated it is to make my own cough medicine. I have found throughout the years that often the homemade remedies have a stronger effect and help you recover faster. However every individual is different so it comes down to trying it out and seeing whether it also works for you.

Of course it is also important that you take the time to rest and give your body enough time to recover and fight the flu/cold. I think I made that mistake last week because we were flat out at work and I still went in, so this week I am back at home for a couple of days to give myself some rest and recover.


To make your own cough medicine you need the following:

  • 1 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
  • 1 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
  • 5 tablespoons honey
  • 5 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
  • 10 tablespoons water
  1. Mix all of the ingredients and store in a jar.
 
The original recipe said to take it in teaspoons but I found that tablespoons work better for me and usually if I have 1-2 tablespoons I can relax from coughing. The first time you take it you might feel a bit of a burning sensation from the cayenne pepper but trust me you will feel better with time. Something that was also important for me was that the reviews had a rating of 4.5 stars out of 5 and almost everyone was loving it.


 Do you have any natural remedies you can recommend against a cough?

I hope that you will find this recipe also helpful in your recover and that you feel better soon if you are currently facing a cold/flu.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Print/PDF Button