The awesome thing about these muesli bars is that there is no added sugar! Yes you read it correctly no added sugar. How awesome is this? There is certainly not many muesli bars or snacks nowadays where there is no added sugar. Or you could have them for breakfast or really whenever you need a fast meal. As you can probably tell I love my Thermomix and preparing everything from scratch. I cannot put into words how much it has transformed our health and our training because we have so much more energy.
Here is what you will need to make these healthy snacks:
- 40g water
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 400g rolled oats (I only used about 200g oats and 200g cashews)
- 300g dried fruit (I put in dates, coconut, apple but it is up to your creativity)
- 250g water or fresh juice
- First mix the chia seeds with the 40g of water in a cup. Leave to set for about 10 minutes.
- While the chia seeds are "resting", measure all other ingredients into the thermomix bowl. Last add the chia seeds mixture and process on speed 6 for 30 seconds.
- Put into a with baking paper lined baking tray and bake at 180 degrees for about 30 minutes.
- Optional you can also sprinkle some cacao or cocoa nibs on top before baking.
Have you made muesli bars before? If yes what is your favourite recipe for muesli bars?