To make this super delicious gluten free carrot cake you will need the following:
- 300g almonds
- 300g rapadura sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 300g carrots (in pieces)
- 4 eggs
- 80g gluten free cornflour
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- pinch of salt
- First grind the almonds on speed 10 for 15 seconds and set aside.
- Next grind the sugar and lemon zest for 20 seconds on speed 10.
- Add the carrots and chop for 8 seconds on speed 5.
- Finally add the ground almond meal as well as all other ingredients and process for 10 seconds on speed 7.
- Pour the batter into a lined spring form and bake for approximately 40-55 minutes on 180 degrees. The original recipe said 40 minutes however in my oven it worked out to be 55 minutes until it was fully baked and golden but this could be different depending on your oven.
What is your favourite healthy sweet treat recipe?