Monday, April 23, 2012

Sweet Veggie Juice

I have successfully completed my 7 day juice detox using the 7lbs in 7 days plan by Jason Vale! Yay! I feel very alert today, way more energetic and ready to take on my study for my final exam next week.



For this week I will also be taking part in the Big Juice Clean Detox by Jason Vale, however this week is based on the Juice Yourself Slim book. That means I will be enjoying some delicious home made soups and some yummy salads this week. What I really enjoyed when I did the juice detox back in January was that all foods seem to taste so much better and stronger afterwards. I really appreciated my foods a lot more and enjoyed them in a completely new way.

Last night I felt very tired but that was probably because we had done 2 hours 15 minutes of running earlier in the day in preparation for the New York Marathon in November this year. We had also included a circuit workout, because there was all this stations with cross trainers, arm strength and belly strength along the way. This morning I was a fair bit sore but I feel brilliant now. I made sure to give my body the rest it needed after yesterday's workout and had 9 hours of sleep! Wow that was so good and so much needed. I am very energetic today which is great for my exam preparation plus later on I might throw in another run outside to give my body some fresh air and well deserved movement after all the study today.


Today I got to enjoy 4 juices/smoothies and I wanted to share one of my new found favourites; the sweet veggie juice recipe.


To make this irresistable juice you will need the following:
  • 3 apples
  • 1 celery stick
  • 1/4 zucchini
  • 1/4 cucumber
  • 1/4 yellow capsicum
  • 1/4 lemon
  • 1cm piece of ginger
Juice all of the above and enjoy! The easiest way I find to juice is to pack most of the produce between the apples to give it more stability and therefore you extract more of the juices.What I love about this juices, besides that it tastes just amazing considering it's a mostly veggie based juice, all the ingredients are actually great cleansers for the body!


What are your favourite veggie juices? What are you favourite veggie juice recipes? Have you recently completed a detox and how did you go?

Lots of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print/PDF Button