Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Light & Refreshing Cucumber Soup

 
For dinner tonight we had a light cucumber soup because after all the Easter delicacies this weekend I just wasn't as hungry today. I used the opportunity throughout the day to enjoy many veggie based foods to restore the balance and my energy levels. I snacked on celery pieces that I had thinly sliced in the morning, had a coconut green smoothie for lunch and enjoyed my sprouted buckwheat porridge for breakfast. If you do not particularly enjoy the taste of celery you can always dress up the celery pieces with some healthy nut butters such as almond butter. This goes perfectly together and adds a touch of sweetness to this health restoring snack. I often make my own nut butters however nowadays you can get an impressive selection at health food stores.








Ingredients:

  • 500g cucumber chopped in pieces
  • 2 tablespoons Vegetable Stock Concentrate (you can also just use 1 litre of stock instead of the concentrate and the water below)
  • 1000g water
  • 2 tablespoons rice flour
  1. First chop the cucumber in the Thermomix on speed 7 for 5 seconds
  2. Add all other ingredients listed above and cook on 100 degrees, speed 1 for 10 minutes
  3. Finally blend your soup by slowly going from speed 1 to speed 8
  4. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
 

What are your favourite light meal recipes?

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print/PDF Button