Saturday, April 28, 2012

Coconut Flour Honey Muffins

This week when I needed a break from my exam preparation I decided to try something new. I love trying new recipes and experimenting with different ingredients. Last time we went shopping to Uncle Franks we bought some coconut flour and I have been curious to try baking with it.


Because my hubby loves muffins and cupcakes so much I am always on the look out to find healthier recipes. Obviously coconut oil and coconut products in general have recently been on the news with the many health benefits such as weight loss and their healthy fats which are great for the body.

From what I have heard coconut oil for example is one of the healthiest fats around because you can safely heat it up to quite high temperatures without it actually changing its structure which can be harmful to the body with other oils.








Here is the ingredients list for the coconut honey muffins:
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 tablespoons coconut oil (make sure this is melted)
  • 2 tablespoons milk of your choice
  • 3 tablespoons honey
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon but you could also use vanilla
  • 1/4 cup coconut flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  1. First mix the coconut flour with the baking powder.
  2. In a separate bowl mix all the other ingredients until well combined.
  3. Next add the coconut flour and baking powder mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until you get a smooth dough.
  4. Fill the muffin cases about 3/4 and bake for 15 minutes at 205 degrees.
These were so easy to make and Manuel just loved them! He actually had to take the pictures for me at work because he was just so fast and enjoyed them so much that I didn't get a chance to take pictures.

I also have a very special picture to share of the study help I had yesterday; Jerry supported me...


Have you tried coconut flour before? What are your favourite recipes using coconut flour? Do you have any other favourite flours for baking?

Have an awesome weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print/PDF Button