Sunday, February 12, 2012

Weekend Fun

What I love doing on the weekend is spending time with family and loved ones; it is one of the most important things in life! I found the below quote online about families and thought it was cute

Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts!


How gorgeous and so true; well at least for my family and I tell you I definitely am included in the nuts :)

This morning we celebrated my aunties, my mums and my cousins birthday in Whiteman Park. At first the weather looked a little funny, lots of clouds but we are usually under a shelter so you can still have heaps of fun and enjoy each others company. My family is quite a big one; the current count is 25 :) For the party I made a fruit platter; I love doing them and I think that is why I get asked by everyone for every birthday party to bring one. I find it fun and enjoyable to combine the gorgeous colours of different fruits to combine patterns plus I love the thought of contributing something healthy to the lifes of my family.












The below one is an example of one that I once made for a Christmas get together! It looked fantastic and tasted amazing!

Of course we also had other foods such as eggs, bacon, sausages, home made English muffins (my aunty made them!), homemade crumpets, Bretzels and of course what would a birthday party be without some cakes. I think one of the biggest problems is that so many people nowadays stress about food 24/7. My opinion is that I eat as well as I can every week but at birthday parties I will allow myself to enjoy eggs and bacon for example and I decide to enjoy every bit of it! That is the most important thing that you decide to enjoy the food and don't make yourself feel guilty about it or give yourself a hard time. No one is perfect but we all do our best given the knowledge that we have and the experiences we have had in life.

This afternoon I then decided to indulge in some me time and pamper my feet. Because we currently have summer here in Perth the skin of my feet has been getting very dry. So first of I cut my toe nails and then prepared a foot bath consisting of 2 tablespoons Himalayan sea salt, 2 tablespoons olive oil and three drops of lavender essential oil. I enjoyed the vibration on my feet and the warmth of the water. After I toweled them dry and removed the dead skin. Finally I rinsed my feet and applied some coconut oil. In case that you haven't dried coconut as a natural beauty product I would highly recommend it! It is very moisturizing and I feel how my skin relaxes every time I apply it. You can use it for lots of different things such as facials, as a moisturizer for your hands.. It is without a doubt one of the best oils around in my opinion; I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print/PDF Button