Saturday, December 10, 2011

Raw Carrot Cake

This is one of my favourites and the taste is just unbelievable! Plus because it is raw it is actually good for you. I made this for the first time for my brother and his girlfriend. Besides that I love trying new raw food recipes, they tend to eat fairly unhealthy so I also wanted to do something good for them.





For the crust blend up 1 cup almonds, 1 cup sunflower seeds and 3/4 cup dates. Press the crust into a pyrex type dish and place in the freezer.

For the filling use the juice of 4 carrots and mix it together with the pulp from making the juice. In a food processor process this together with 1/2 teaspoon ginger, 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamon, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Take out the dish from the freezer and pour over the filling to make the second layer. Place back in the freezer.

Next make the whipped cream using 3/4 cup cashews that have been soaked for approximately 2 hours, 2 soaked dates, 1/4 cup fresh orange juice and 1 vanilla pod. Blend until smooth and smooth over the filling; place the dish back in the freezer.

For the final layer the carrot cake topping process the rind of 1/2 orange and the rind of 1/2 lemon, 1/2 cup orange juice, 1/4 cup dates until smooth and spread over the cream layer. Top the cake with some walnuts.

I tend to place the dish in between layers back in the freezer; I find this makes it easier to prepare the cake and it sets better.

I hope you enjoy this special cake as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print/PDF Button