Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Broccoli Crisps

Sometimes I crave something a little salty and crisp which is when I usually have these broccoli crisps. They are way better for you than potato chips and because they are dehydrated there will still be some of the vitamins, minerals and enzymes remaining in the crisps. Also if like me you are training for a marathon or another event you don't want to ruin all your nutritional and training efforts by eating potato chips because personally I can tell when I have eaten something that I usually wouldn't have and I have less energy for my next training session or in general throughout the day. I want to support my body by giving it the best choices to fuel it so that I will have energy to do the things I want to do.




For this recipe you will need
  • 1-2 heads broccoli
  • tamari sauce
  • apple cider vinegar
First wash the broccoli as you normally would and cut into small florets. Next in a bowl combine the florets with tamari sauce and apple cider vinegar (I used 50% of each). Start of with small quantities and as you mix it you can always add more.

After tossing the broccoli with the tamari sauce and apple cider vinegar so that they are well coated spread on you dehydrator sheets and dehydrate for about 24 hours or until they are crispy. Mine didn't quite take 24 hours and were already finished overnight.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Print/PDF Button