Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Sweet Kale Crisps

Today I made kale crisps in my dehydrator. Previously I have made them in the oven but I found this recipe online using a dehydrator I wanted to try. The great thing about dehydrators is that because they use a lower heat it doesn't kill as many of the good things such as vitamins, minerals and enzymes as if they were for example made in the oven at a much higher temperature.

To make these you need
  • 2 bunches of kale
  • olive oil
  • sea salt (I use Himalayan)
  • lemon juice
  • raw honey
  1. First wash the kale and dry it
  2. Then cut it in bigger pieces; I made them approximately the size of potato chips you can get at the shops
  3. In a bowl combine the kale, a bit of olive oil (start with a little and work your way up to get a thin coating), the salt and lemon juice
  4. Massage in the bowl with your hands
  5. Add some raw honey and also massage this into the kale (I used about a tablespoon but it really depends how sweet you like it)
  6. Dehydrate in the dehydrator for about 8 hours or until crisp.
These make great healthy snacks and are delicious.

Below I have included some pictures of when mine were ready to be dehydrated :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print/PDF Button