Thursday, November 15, 2012

Gluten free psyllium and coconut bread with seeds






I have previously found in the past that my body seems to be happier when I eat less gluten and therefore I am always trying out new things where I aim to eliminate as much gluten as possible. I recently made a bread by combining coconut flour, psyllium and seeds. It went great with my raw jam and kept me full for a very long time.

To make this healthy bread you will need the following:

  • 95g coconut flour
  • 65g psyllium
  • 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
  • 3 eggs
  • 350g water or more if needed
  • 50g chia seeds
  • 50g sesame seeds
  • 50g flaxseeds
  • 50g sunflower seeds
  • 20g coconut oil
  1. First combine all ingredients apart from the water in a big bowl and mix well.
  2. Next start adding the water and keep mixing it in in stages until a dough forms.
  3. Shape into a bread loaf by hand and bake on 200 degrees for about 40-50 minutes.
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    Great recipe. Just wondering about the amount of water to be used. Is the 350 g a misprint? If not how many mls of water needed.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Print/PDF Button