Who doesn't love Mexican food? Hot spices, beans, avocado, tomatoes. I find this type of food very comforting and satisfying not only to my taste but to give me energy so I avoid the afternoon slump.
This refried beans recipe can also easily be changed by topping it with your favourite vegetables or even fresh herbs that you love. Parsley or even fresh coriander perhaps?
Here is the recipe for the Thermomix
- 2 cans of kidney beans (drained)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- dash of chili powder OR dash of cayenne pepper
- Tamari to taste (I used 2 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp high quality olive oil
- 1 measuring cup of water
- Chop garlic on speed 7 for 4 seconds.
- Add oil and water.
- Saute for 1 minute on 100 degrees speed 1.
- Add all other ingredients into the Thermomix bowl.
- Blend on speed 6 for 20 seconds.
- Cook for 7 minutes on 100 degrees speed 3.
- Serve warm and enjoy.