Sunday, July 21, 2013

Baked Curry Sweet Potatoes Recipes


Sometimes I can't believe how fast the weeks go. In between all the running training which we are slowly increasing again, I managed to finish Module 1 of my Natural Juice Therapy Course with a result of 92% in my final exam! Happy days for sure and on to do the next module now; in total there are four modules so therefore I am almost half way there. My aim is to complete the course by the time we leave for our second attempt to run the NY.

Yesterday we did our favourite ocean side run using the Vibram Five Fingers and to be honest today I can feel a little pulling in my leg muscles but looking at the bright side at least I am not super sore. The only problem for me is that so early I am struggling to wake up so I hardly noticed a friend from work running past me. Anyway later on today we are off to do another short run to get the muscles pumping again maybe around this gorgeous lake not too far from here.

This past week I have also been back to enjoying my two green juices every single day and I think my body is loving it! Feel more awake in the morning once I have my first green juice. The key to a good green juice is to include enough fruit or sweet vegetables such as carrots or beets to make it taste irresistible! When it comes to greens in my juices I love using cos lettuce and spinach at the moment, which is all in season, and I never miss to put in a large chunk of ginger to give any of my juices a special immunity boost! It is hard to imagine now that I used to hate ginger...


Yesterday I also played around with a new recipe, healthier pancakes using coconut flour, which I am hoping to include in my upcoming cookbook later this year. I served them with a berry sauce in which I used some blueberries and linganberries.

This week I am sharing one of my absolute favourite recipes: Baked Curry Sweet Potatoes! They take quite a while in the oven however once you start smelling the curry spices you will know they are well worth while making! Plus sweet potatoes are anti inflammatory, so you are doing your body a massive favour as well.

Baked Curry Sweet Potatoes
  • 1kg of sweet potatoes cut into 2 inch pieces
  • 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
  • 1 tbsp curry powder
  • 1/2 tsp tumeric
  • 1 tsp sea salt or to taste
  1.  Put all of the above into a baking dish and mix well so that the sweet potatoes are well coated in the coconut oil and curry spices mix.
  2. Bake on 180 degrees for 1.5 hours or until they are crisp on the outside.
I love making this recipe when it is cold outside to warm myself up and do something amazing for my body at the same time!

What are you favourite ways of using sweet potatoes in your cooking and baking?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Print/PDF Button