Saturday, March 2, 2013

Fruity Carrot Smoothie


This morning I am off to go down to visit the Bunbury port as part of my new role at work. I am excited to meet so many new people and also to get to spend a day out of the office. In my current role I rarely get a day out of the office. There will be a few of us going on the site visit so it will be nice to just sit back and relax while the guys do the driving!

However I have heard stories that most of the times there is no time to have lunch somewhere so it ends up being a quick stop at the petrol station. I have to admit that is a part I am for sure not looking forward to. I am so spoiled with my Thermomix and all my healthy eating in general that most times I can ensure to put good fuel into my body.

So because I don't know what will happen on this road trip from a nutritional content perspective I have decided to have a healthy smoothie and therefore the best possible start into my busy day.

Ingredients
  • 2 carrots roughly chopped
  • 1 apple roughly chopped
  • 1 orange peeled and roughly chopped
  • 1 frozen banana roughly chopped
  • 30g oats
  • 750g rice almond milk
  • 1 tablespoon bee pollen (just ensure you are not allergic to bee products; if in doubt leave it out)
  1. Chop carrots and fruit on speed 9 for 30 seconds.
  2. Add the oats, bee pollen and rice almond milk and blend for 1 minute on speed 10.
If you are in a rush in the morning you can even prepare this smoothie the night before and keep it chilled in the fridge. I know it can be hard at times when life gets busy but a healthy smoothie is something that anyone of us could prepare the night before. Your body will thank you for it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Print/PDF Button