Sunday, March 24, 2013

Fresh Salmon and Potato Stew Recipe




This week I was lucky enough to get my hands on some fresh fish that had been reduced to half price! I love it when that happens. So I was going through my cookbooks to find a recipe to enjoy my fresh salmon and I find the perfect stew recipe!

Perfect for when you feel like something a little hearty and warm as the weather is slowly getting a little cooler here at night. In order to make the stew I also added some homemade sweet chili sauce that my husband had made a few weeks ago and it really added a different dimension to the flavours in the dish. I can highly recommend it!

Ingredients

  • 50 olive oil
  • 100g green capsicum (roughly chopped in bigger pieces)
  • 150g onions (halved)
  • 100g tomatoes (I just processed mine in the Thermomix)
  • 2 garlic gloves
  • 2 teaspoons sweet chili sauce
  • 800g small potatoes (cut in pieces)
  • 400g water
  • 300g fresh salmon
  • 1 teaspoon vegetable stock
  • parsley freshly chopped to sprinkle over the finished dish
  • salt and pepper to taste
  1. First chop capsicum , onions, tomatoes and garlic on speed 4 for 4 seconds.
  2. Next add the olive oil and saute for 7 minutes on varoma speed 1.
  3. Add the sweet chili sauce and mix 5 seconds on speed 3.
  4. Insert the butterfly. 
  5. Next at the potatoes in the bowl and cook 2 minutes on reverse 100degrees speed spoon.
  6. Next add water and stock and cook for 20 minutes on varoma reverse speed spoon.
  7. Finally add the salmon and cook for another 3 minutes on 100 degrees on reverse speed spoon.
  8. Leave in your server or bowl to rest for 5 minutes, sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve.
I hope you enjoy this simple stew as much as we did!

Do you have any favourite stew recipes?








No comments:

Post a Comment

Print/PDF Button