This week I was lucky enough to get my hands on some fresh fish that had been reduced to half price! I love it when that happens. So I was going through my cookbooks to find a recipe to enjoy my fresh salmon and I find the perfect stew recipe!
Perfect for when you feel like something a little hearty and warm as the weather is slowly getting a little cooler here at night. In order to make the stew I also added some homemade sweet chili sauce that my husband had made a few weeks ago and it really added a different dimension to the flavours in the dish. I can highly recommend it!
- 50 olive oil
- 100g green capsicum (roughly chopped in bigger pieces)
- 150g onions (halved)
- 100g tomatoes (I just processed mine in the Thermomix)
- 2 garlic gloves
- 2 teaspoons sweet chili sauce
- 800g small potatoes (cut in pieces)
- 400g water
- 300g fresh salmon
- 1 teaspoon vegetable stock
- parsley freshly chopped to sprinkle over the finished dish
- salt and pepper to taste
- First chop capsicum , onions, tomatoes and garlic on speed 4 for 4 seconds.
- Next add the olive oil and saute for 7 minutes on varoma speed 1.
- Add the sweet chili sauce and mix 5 seconds on speed 3.
- Insert the butterfly.
- Next at the potatoes in the bowl and cook 2 minutes on reverse 100degrees speed spoon.
- Next add water and stock and cook for 20 minutes on varoma reverse speed spoon.
- Finally add the salmon and cook for another 3 minutes on 100 degrees on reverse speed spoon.
- Leave in your server or bowl to rest for 5 minutes, sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve.
Do you have any favourite stew recipes?